Download your FREE book (with lots of pictures) here: Baqilodge Collies – Puppy Book – 2018
After 45+ years of owning collies and nearly 30 years of breeding, I have put the information I believe a prospective new collie owner needs to know into this book.
The book has two distinctive parts. The first section is for those who would like more information about our lovely breed and the second part is a reference for when your new puppy arrives. (Most of the second part of this book would apply to any breed of puppy – not just collies).
INTRODUCTION TO COLLIES
- About collies
- About the two coat types
- The history of the collie
- Typical collie characteristics
- More about the smooth collie
- Collie colours
- Collie size
- How much space and exercise does a collie need?
- Collie health in general
- Collie Eye Anomaly (CEA)
- Multi-drug Resistant Sensitivity (MDR1)
- Pedigree papers: Will my collie be registered on the main register or the limited register?
- What does it mean to be a main registered Baqilodge collie?
- What does it mean to be a limited registered Baqilodge collie?
- The breeder
- How will a collie fit in [to my home and life]?
- Settling your puppy in and the first night
- Making sure your puppy has a safe place
- Keeping your dog safe from poisons
- Housing your collie
- Grooming equipment
- Grooming products
- Grooming your collie
- Some factors that will determine how long your grooming time will be
- The best and easiest grooming position for you and your collie
- Bathing your collie
- Grooming techniques
- Nail cutting
- Cleaning the teeth
- Feeding your collie
- A natural diet
- Breakfast meal
- Three-week main meal menu
- Immunisation/vaccination schedule
- Ivermectin toxicity in collies and related multi-drug sensitivities
- How to take your dog’s temperature and other signs to check for if you think your dog is unwell
- Sleep, sleep and more sleep
- ‘Puppy nose’
- Exercising your puppy
- A word about surfaces your dog might walk on
- How to toughen your dogs paws
- Puppy behavioural/age stages
- Development phases
- Babyhood (2–8 weeks)
- Infancy (8 –16 weeks)
- Puppyhood (7–14 months)
- Adolescence (18 months to two or three years)
- Collars and harnesses for collies
- Golden rules of training
- House-training or toilet training your puppy
- Lead training
- Crate Training
- Training your puppy to lie on its side
- Good manners
- Travelling with your dog
- The Tasmanian Collie and Shetland Sheepdog Club
- Breeder’s code of ethics
- Your responsibilities as a dog owner
HAPPY READING: Baqilodge Collies – Puppy Book – 2018
If you have trouble downloading this book, I can send it to you on a USB for a small fee covering the cost of the USB and postage. Just contact me through the ‘Contact Us’ page.